Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting .40 Match to 10mm

nick1

Hi,

I'd like to convert my .40 Match to 10mm. It seems like a few people here have already done it or are planning to do it. Do you simply replace the barrel, or do you replace the recoil spring as well? Anything else that needs replacing for the conversion? Has anyone done it with the factory stock barrel? Any other issues I should expect?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

nick1

Hi,

I'd like to convert my .40 Match to 10mm. It seems like a few people here have already done it or are planning to do it. Do you simply replace the barrel, or do you replace the recoil spring as well? Anything else that needs replacing for the conversion? Has anyone done it with the factory stock barrel? Any other issues I should expect?

Thanks,

nick1

Nick1> I would assume that all you would need to swap would be the barrel and use a stiffer recoil spring. But I am not sure if the Slides are different between the .40 and 10mm. The only thing I can think of being different on the slide would be the size of the ejection port opening. Since the 10mm rounds are longer that port may also need to be longer. This would be a good question to ask the people at EAA.

Hi,

Thanks,

nick1

Just trying to learn, what would be the benefits of converting to 10mm?

Edited by BrianATL

Hi,

Thanks,

nick1

if your thinking of selling the .40 parts, let me know.

I went the other way Just droped in a 40 barrel I got as a take out from Rich at canyon creek works great I didn't have to change the recoil spring but you may want to put in a heavier spring if you plan to run full power loads or want any chance of finding your brass with my gun in 10mm with a 180 at 170 pf it throws brass 20-30 ft in 40 same pf 8-12 ft with full power 10mm loads brass gets launched into orbit.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...