Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chevy or Ford Truck ?

Another vote for Tundra Crewmax limited.

LONGTIME Ford guy - second Tundra and will NEVER go back

Only complaint is skid plate removal for oil change, but my plate now has a trap door.

post-4241-1262352895_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sherwyn

I live in Michigan's upper peninsula, where there's some of the harshest conditions for everyday vehicles and company vehicles. The most common vehicle you'll see will be a Ford that's a 3/4 ton or larger. Reason being (according to our local logging community) is the Ford's have more clearance and have always been a more rugged vehicle. Not the best ride, but the most durable and practical for hard daily use. I still see old diesel Fords from the 80's in the loggers fleets.

I own a '07 silverado and it's falling apart as we speak. It rides great, but can't handle salty roads and it's already rusting like mad. My dad's '05 Dodge with the cummins has tons of power, but he goes through rear ends yearly with towing and plowing. I bought my Chevy when GM was starting to go down hill and got a deal that I couldn't refuse, but it's a truck I'll turn over before the end of this year and buy something that will last.

If your going to use this thing for some serious work go with a diesel. The diesel trucks get much better mileage especially towing. The diesels also have so much more power. GM and Ford are really the only two you can get a real truck from that will last. All these trucks running around with the little chopped off beds aren't real trucks. GM 2500HD and Ford F250 come with at least a 6 foot bed. As far as Toyota goes I hope the new truck is built better than the old one. I worked for a Toyota dealership and made a good living fixing them. I left right as the new Tundra was coming out. A few of my friends have one of the new Tundras and I'm just not impressed by them.

Politically the answer is Ford.

All politics aside, Ford. :o

I've had 2 F-250s and a Tacoma. The Ford was better in every way.

You can't compare a 3/4 ton F-250 truck to a Tacoma. That's not in the same league, It's not even the same sport.

If you want a gas engine go with the Toyota Tundra. I'm bias I work as a technician for a Toyota dealership. I would put our 5.7L with our 6 speed up against any other gas engine for power and durability, not so good on fuel economy and cost. The cost difference will pay for itself in the long run and you will not see another manufacture stand behind there product like Toyota does. If its a domestic or diesel get the Ford. Ford is the only domestic manufacture that has and is truly turning there old broken business practices around. They have struck deals with the unions and I think both sides are pulling together now to save there company. I respect that in a company and would support it

I've got a '09 F-150 STX with all the bells and whistles that you can get on the STX package. Very quiet inside and the ride is excellent. It's got the little V8 but still has pretty good power. MPH is about 17.6 city and 19.7 highway average.

You're best bet is listen to the people that have all the differant types and then go test drive all the differant makes and pick the one you like unless it gets really bad revues. If you aren't comfortable in it and you're going to be in it alot, Then its not what you want regardless how good the other stuff is.

Just my 2cents.

Scott

If your going to use this thing for some serious work go with a diesel. The diesel trucks get much better mileage especially towing. The diesels also have so much more power. GM and Ford are really the only two you can get a real truck from that will last. All these trucks running around with the little chopped off beds aren't real trucks. GM 2500HD and Ford F250 come with at least a 6 foot bed. As far as Toyota goes I hope the new truck is built better than the old one. I worked for a Toyota dealership and made a good living fixing them. I left right as the new Tundra was coming out. A few of my friends have one of the new Tundras and I'm just not impressed by them.

dodges have 6ft 3 beds

dodge or ford heav dutys last longer in hard driving sloid axles and diesel are to things to put at the top of the list