Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Have This Old Gun

JimmyZip

So I have this pistol, and well, I was wondering what it's worth. It has the serial number of 11006. There is considersble bluing wear on the end of the barrel on one side and scratches on the front and back strap. It hhas very little rust there, and on the cylinder but operates very well and is quite accurate with Blazer ammo. So what do you think its worth? I would like to sell this to someone who will appreciate it. One a little better was in the American Handgunner appraised at $2500.00

This pistols drawback is that it has incorrect grips. The ones on it now are from some other full size S&W revo so that this could be used with speed loaders as a house gun many years ago. This was my great-grandfathers gun when he was an engineer on the railroad. He would carry this in a bocket inside his overalls which is why it had so much wear. He was also a master gunsmith which is why the action is so smooth. Not light, but smooth.

Let me know what you know. I will probably offer this on the classifieds soon with my 1006 and a serious ammount of CorBon and Black Talon ammo for that pistol as well.

JZ

Edited by JimmyZip

So I have this pistol, and well, I was wondering what it's worth. It has the serial number of 11006. There is considersble bluing wear on the end of the barrel on one side and scratches on the front and back strap. It hhas very little rust there, and on the cylinder but operates very well and is quite accurate with Blazer ammo. So what do you think its worth? I would like to sell this to someone who will appreciate it. One a little better was in the American Handgunner appraised at $2500.00

This pistols drawback is that it has incorrect grips. The ones on it now are from some other full size S&W revo so that this could be used with speed loaders as a house gun many years ago. This was my great-grandfathers gun when he was an engineer on the railroad. He would carry this in a bocket inside his overalls which is why it had so much wear. He was also a master gunsmith which is why the action is so smooth. Not light, but smooth.

Let me know what you know. I will probably offer this on the classifieds soon with my 1006 and a serious ammount of CorBon and Black Talon ammo for that pistol as well.

JZ

Your best bet is to check out the Smith and Wesson forum...lots of very experienced Smith collectors over there and pretty friendly.