Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Grip Safety

Bucky

Can anyone tell me what the XD grips safety does, specifically. (Yes, I know if prevents the firing of the gun :o ). For example, the 1911 grip safety blocks the trigger bow or like the kimber it also raises the firing pin stop out of the way. I was looking at a parts breakdown and it was hard to determine what is going on inside the XD.

BTW: There are a whole lot of parts to this thing!! Not anywhere near the simplicity of a Glock... I was surprised to see this.

TIA.

BTW: There are a whole lot of parts to this thing!! Not anywhere near the simplicity of a Glock... I was surprised to see this.

Part o' the reason I got rid of mine. Getting that thing down to all the parts is ridiculously difficult as the pins used are cheapy roll pins. It also shoots kinda "blah"--I don't know how to explain it better than that. That being said, I did like the .40 longslide.

As for the grip safety, it blocks the dropping of the "sear" from holding back the striker... this keeps the trigger from moving all that much, too.

HTH.