Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Turret not seating primers suddenly

I have a Lee Classic Turret press. The last weeek, it is all of a sudden not wanting to seat primers deep enough, ans someties it is seating them at an angle. This is happening on 9mm & 38 Supercomp, with CCI, Winchester, Wolf and Magtech small pistol & rifle primers. I have changed nothing in my setup or bench. I am also having every 4th or 5th round pop out of the shell plate when trying to seat the primer, so I'm guessing this might be related? Is it possible to wear out a shell plate? I have only loaded @ 11,000 rounds on this press.

Thanks for the help

Make sure the shell holder is all they way in. I had to clean a bunch of crap out of the little channel it sits in. It was preventing it from aligning correctly. The little thingy that holds the primer was catching the edge of the shell holder.

• 1 month later...
Make sure the shell holder is all they way in. I had to clean a bunch of crap out of the little channel it sits in. It was preventing it from aligning correctly. The little thingy that holds the primer was catching the edge of the shell holder.

The is precisely the correct answer. I've done this more than once and it fixed everything right up. :cheers:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have had to clean junk out a coulpe times too

• 2 weeks later...

It ended up being junk caught in the shell holder cup. I have since prevented this from happening again. I went with the "other red press" I now have a LNL AP. My Lee turret is now with a good friend of mine and is still running well