Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10/22 safety reversal?

Rather-B-Huntin

It can be done BUT you need to file the angled notches in the safety to match the detent when the safety is reverced. This is required so that the flat face of the safety remains unchanged and the sear hits the safety correctly. If this is not done properly the gun can be fired with the safety applied. There have been a few companies that made a reversed safety but right now I can't seem to find any info on them. I will keep searching though. BIG tip, do not remove the old safety before slipping the new one in, use the old one as a slave pin or you will be cussin like a salor when you can't find that safety detent and spring. If all else fails do it inside a gallon ziplock bag, might be wise to do so no matter how you change it.

Joe W.

Edit: Found one, Powers Custom makes an ambi version that can be put in for left handed or right handed shooters. Here is a link to the safety on Midway's web site.

Joe

Edited by joecichlid

Anytime at all. Although I have gotten really involved with USPSA the 10/22 is my first love. You can find a ton of info on them at RimfireCentral.com. I have a few posts on there that will show you how to improve the cycling of the gun *I need to update those as Ruger has made a few changes to the trigger group over the last two years, the newest is a redesigned hammer*. Pretty easy stuff you can do with very simple tools and it only takes you a few hours to do them.

Joe W.

• 3 weeks later...
Those cheap 10-22's can end up costing you a ton of loot if you are not carefull. When I discovered rimfirecentral six or seven years ago I ended up spending six or seven hundred on each of two 10-22's. Sure are fun though.

Charlie

Only $600-700??? You got off easy. :roflol: By the way I have been a member of RFC since the old days, I joined the first version back in the late 90s. :)

I had about $1500 in this ONE.

Rifle.jpg

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid