Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stainless steel guide rod binding?

ormondopen

I installed a stainless guide rod in my SP01 and I seem to be get a little binding compared to the stock plastic, it cycles but feels tighter. it also makes an odd noise as I manually cycle the slide. is this common w/ the steel guide rod?

if its the one I think it is..its has a narrow diameter .

aftermarket recoil springs will not center on them and tend to move around on them. probably the source of weird feel and sound. I have not heard of any problems in functioning with them. but there is always a first. I guess I'd check wear on the rod and frame and see if anything abnormal is going on.

Here's a photo of some rods I had played with off and on.

rods.jpg

all worked fine ( except for the top one, that was for a CZ project.) in various SP01s and Shadows.

mine looks like the 3rd one from the top.

item #42A, part #10077 from Angus's website.

if its the one I think it is..its has a narrow diameter .

aftermarket recoil springs will not center on them and tend to move around on them. probably the source of weird feel and sound. I have not heard of any problems in functioning with them. but there is always a first. I guess I'd check wear on the rod and frame and see if anything abnormal is going on.

Here's a photo of some rods I had played with off and on.

rods.jpg

all worked fine ( except for the top one, that was for a CZ project.) in various SP01s and Shadows.

I got it from Angus.
Not familiar with any odd feelings or noise with a steel rod. All mine functioned the same as the delrin rod, just didn't get chewed up.

Who manufactured the steel rod??

That's the one my friend had. Very skinny with a bevel that was supposed to follow the curve of the barrel. That end had a little "tip" on it. That end of the guide rod would rotate out of position causing the gun to lock up. Took the gun apart and removed it, dropped the plastic one back in and it cleared up.

the ones I use are made by Steve Bedair. not sure if he is selling them to general public because they need fitting in some CZs.

I could ask, if he will make me some if there is any interest.