Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lateral Epicondylitis

VegasOPM

So I work my butt off for the past year trying to become a better shooter and now I find out that I have tennis elbow. At first the Physical Therapist didn't make the connection on how shooting would cause it. Then I showed him my stance and grip. Gripping objects tightly and cocking your wrist back both exacerbate the condition. Even the action of pressing the trigger can cause more pain.

Oh well, the treatment is not too bad. Lifestyle change :angry2: (i.e. give up shooting and practicing- along with weight lifting) for 2-3 weeks to let the swelling subside and stop the pain, then the use of a brace while shooting, along with some exercises to strengthen the muscles supporting the tendons.

What are your symptoms. I started shooting this year and my right elbow kills me sometimes. It is mostly the joint but the worst pain seems to be about 6" below the joint in my top forearm. I take Army tylenol (800) when it flairs up and it seems to help. Do I have tennis elbow from shooting and reloading??

Been there done that, the first year that I really started to practice !!

I wore the band for like 6-8 months before all the pain went away.

A really good excercise is to hang a weight on a rope from a foot of broomstick,

then roll up and roll it down both ways ...

When I feel it sneaking in again I'll do some excercises for a week or two.

Edited by P.Pres