Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Deal on a Winchester SX2 ?

jasmap

I found a guy locally that has a Winchester SX2 for $600 that comes with box, extra piston, MOD choke installed, and a 3 Gun Gear Sidesaddle. I've really only dealt with Remingtons and Benellis so I really don't know much about the SX2. It appears to be in great condition.

Is this a deal for a 3-Gun shotgun? What are the upsides and downsides to it for a 3-Gun shotgun?

Edited by jasmap

I found a guy locally that has a Winchester SX2 for $600 that comes with box, extra piston, MOD choke installed, and a 3 Gun Gear Sidesaddle. I've really only dealt with Remingtons and Benellis so I really don't know much about the SX2. It appears to be in great condition.

Is this a deal for a 3-Gun shotgun? What are the upsides and downsides to it for a 3-Gun shotgun?

Yes.....assuming its the SX2 Practical....that is a great deal for a 3gun shotgun.

Upsides....ready to rock out of the box. Downsides......it weighs 8#.

Thanks Tod. Next question is how good a deal is this? Smoking deal or a fair deal?

I'd say a bit better than fair if its in good shape. $500 would be smokin. They can no longer be had by Winchester. They are now the FN SLP MkI and they seem to sell for about $900.

You are speaking of the 22" Practical correct and not just an SX2 with extension?

Thanks Tod. Next question is how good a deal is this? Smoking deal or a fair deal?

I'd say a bit better than fair if its in good shape. $500 would be smokin. They can no longer be had by Winchester. They are now the FN SLP MkI and they seem to sell for about $900.

You are speaking of the 22" Practical correct and not just an SX2 with extension?

Yep. I forgot to put that part in. It is the Practical. I appreciate the info Tod!