Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4 revolvers today

imashooter2

Actually had 4 revolvers at the match today. I had 3 on my squad. It was nice not to shoot alone and have some folks to compare notes on break down and such. Did some good things. Went in the tank for the classifier, again. A nice day for a PA November, made all the better for being out shooting.

Life could offer less. B)

Ever since the Memphis Charity Challenge it seems that I am seeing more revolver shooters. It might also have something to do with the ICORE Retro Division that was recently approved.

Whatever the reason it is nice to see the growth. ^_^

John, Robert...

The next big drive in the Southeast is going to be for the SC Sectional. I know the Florida Open happens first, but thats just mean to a wheelgunner! There were 12 revolvers at the SC in 2009 so we want 24 in 2010. If John could get 8 at Sir Walter, I think we can do 24 at SC. Hopefully, I can get Jack Suber to support us and we can have 2 Revolver Squads (I will be shooting Friday since I always work the match for Jack and Linda).

Results are in. I came second in division (I'm a "D" and lost to a "B"). Classifier not as bad as I thought when compared to the others, of course they might have all gone in the tank too. :roflol:

The local club is going to try one more in December. Hope it's a decent day. I can deal with cold, but cold rain is out.

Edited by imashooter2

We had 3 today, 2 in revolver and one in open (he just had to have a V8). The norm for around here.

I've considered taking my 7 shot 686 ICORE gun out once or twice. Thought process was if I'm going to be the only round gun in the joint, why not? I decided that the extra shot wouldn't be worth it since most sets are 8 shots. I'd just have one more shot to figure out how to make use of and no fewer standing reloads. An 8 shooter would change that. I'll bet he had a great time!

I've considered taking my 7 shot 686 ICORE gun out once or twice. Thought process was if I'm going to be the only round gun in the joint, why not? I decided that the extra shot wouldn't be worth it since most sets are 8 shots. I'd just have one more shot to figure out how to make use of and no fewer standing reloads. An 8 shooter would change that. I'll bet he had a great time!

Bill always has a good time whether it be RO or shooter.

But it got better we shot a stage for fun after the match starting in a box with 4 targets, he ask for suggestions to make it more of a challenge, me being the Idiot I am I suggested 8 rounds right hand mandatory reload 8 rounds left hand, he shot it in half my time.

This Saturday's match at Sir Walter in Raleigh area of North Carolina welcomes any revo shooters, as well as all bottom feeders not yet man/woman enough to get it done with only 6 at a time,,,,, join us for a match that is always great,,,, Martin and his staff give us a Level 2 match every month and we are lucky!!