Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag bases for Stock II

slavex

Rob,

You have a small frame Stock II right ? If so, I don't have any bases that'll work for you - yet. I do have the H141S which can give you 23 + 1 round in 9mm in the small frame mags. I am working on a H550S which will be same depth as the H550, but now for small frame. If IPSC Production allows this these will be great base pads.

• 3 months later...

looks like these pads should be a go now dude. Any chance you could post the thickness of the part above the slot in the basepad? I'm hoping you make it so the pad impacts on the frame when the mag is inserted, so it's not the mag catch or the under side of the slide that stops the mag from going in any further.

Hey Rob

I noticed I missed your call the other day. Guess you were wondering about the pad ?

I have a small frame Stock II and used it to develop the H-550S pads. It's based on the same design & fit as we've done on the H-141S and has same feel & fit as it would on the large frame. It's tight, but in my testing & design should be exactly what you're looking for.

is the small frame base pad deeper than the factory too? interior wise that is? and how thick is the mag between the groove and the top edge? (does that makes sense?). If they are deeper than factory I'll have to cut new rods for the followers so I'm not over 10 rounds here in Canada.

• 1 month later...

I did not know that USPSA has a box rule for the production guns,....apparently mag in gun has to fit inthe box.

My stock2 or even a CZ shadow using the rubber base pads won't fit; not even close,..a good 2 mm larger. FYI, factory aluminum and obviously flat metal base pads work.

FYI,..just in case you were wondering.

*On a related rules for production measurements and specifically holsters,..I actually have a Bladetech DOH with the speedcut in the front which is about 3" cut below the ejection port,.whereas it is only allowed to be cut 1/2" below the ejection port for production USPSA.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my basepads and springs today. YAY!! Needed longer stems on my followers to stay Canuck legal. No cutting of springs needed, they work just fine with the factory followers and 10 rounds. The extra power springs make a huge difference. Ran 300 rounds through them with no issues, through both my Stock II, and my new competition gun CZ Shadow. Since the Shadow is my main gun, I can use the Tan mags in it with these basepads and springs and still be PD legal in Canada and the rest of the world. If I have to default back to the Stock II, I guess I'm screwed (plan on bringing factory basepads with me to Norway and Czech, just in case).

One other good note, with the Shadow, the basepads just contact the frame and cause the slide to auto forward on a firm mag insert. Love that, but it doesn't happen with the Stock II due to it's magwell being bigger.

Overall review? These things rock!!!! Tanfoglio needs to make them a factory option.

Oh and they look cool too!

• 2 weeks later...

ok so lesson #1, the scew in the basepad doesn't need loctite on it. not if you want to remove them without using heat.... ask me how I know.

Henning can you bring another .050 allen wrench with you to Norway?