Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First division win

Calmwater

I just got the email results yesterday from a club match last Sunday. I got 2nd in production on the first stage, 3rd on the second stage (a classifier and my worst stage of the day, more on that later) and then I got first in production for stages 3-5. This put me 1st in production out of 7. One of my 2009 goals was to win production division at the club match I shoot. I usually finish in the top half, but rarely have done better than third.

The real kicker is I haven't shot much in the last six months. I almost think the low expectations I had let me just shoot instead of stressing. This would also explain why the classifier was my worst stage. I always thought I handled stress well, but it looks like I need to work on the head games.

Thanks Txkid. I wanted to shoot a GSSF Match this year, move up in class, practice more, but a lot of those goals went by the wayside. I got to go shoot the Indiana production / Single Stack back in the "spring" (it snowed) and that was a ball. My big fear going to a level II match was getting DQd. I am always scared on the stages where I have to move left to right because I am a lefty.

Congratulations! Feels good-doesn't it? Anyway, a good idea is to set up practice session with a better shooter or two and practice those things you fear-and when you get it, those things will become like arrows in your quiver-you will then say-I don't mind Texas Stars- I shoot them like this..., I don't mind long poppers, I just take my time and get a really good sight picture, etc. I think accomplishments like this really energize your shooting and help you practice.

Edited by Jadeslade

Congratulations! Feels good-doesn't it? Anyway, a good idea is to set up practice session with a better shooter or two and practice those things you fear-and when you get it, those things will become like arrows in your quiver-you will then say-I don't mind Texas Stars- I shoot them like this..., I don't mind long poppers, I just take my time and get a really good sight picture, etc. I thing accomplishments like this really energize your shooting and help you practice.

It does feel good. I think you are right about energizing my shooting too. I will practice more now than I have in quite a while. I will get some critics to look at me getting in and out of boxes and shooting on the move. Those are a couple of areas I know I am not comfortable.