Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Fits What?

redmanfixit

Since my supply of money is finite and my desire for shooting fun is large, I'm always trying to maximize fun vs $$$. I have a G21 SF which I really like and runs well for me. Found a carbine upper in 10mm in a shop the other day (I bet many of you have seen these) made to fit a Glock frame. I am wondering if anyone knows if I can use a .45 ACP G21 SF lower with some combination of mags and DooDads to allow me to run this 10mm upper for carbine side matches at my local club?? Does anyone know??

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Hello: If it is a Mech Tech upper and is for a large frame Glock then yes it will work. I am not sure you want to be shooting 10mm since it will cost more than shooting 45 for brass. I have 2 Mech Tech uppers and they work perfectly on a Glock 17,34 and 35. Mine are 9mm though and I use the Glock 33 round mags for carbine matches and some steel matches. The are alot of fun. Thanks, Eric

A G21 slide has different features than a G20 slide. The G21 slide is lighter and also has a wider breech face, I believe. Maybe a different extractor?

The lowers ought to be about the same. Maybe a change of ejectors?

While I am not sure, I would guess that you can likely run the setup you are looking at.

• 3 weeks later...

Mechtek large frame glock uppers can be either 45 or 10mm or 40 on the same frame I would check with them to make sure there are no problems with the short frame guns fitting.

I keep thinking about getting one for my g20. But haven't had the funds yet.