Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon D-Terminator Electronic Scale acting weirdly?

I have a Dillon D-Terminator Electronic Scale, (which I purchased 18 months ago).

Yesterday something strange started to happen when I tried to start it. Instead of just turning on and having a 0.00 sign, (on the LCD Display) it shows 5 U's, (as in U U U U U), which move up and down on the Display and up and down arrows on the left hand side of the LCD Display.

The Cal/Mode and Zero buttons don't seem to have any effect at all. Can anyone tell me what I should do? Although Dillon have a no bullshit guarantee, I would rather not send the Terminator Scale back to USA, if it is something I can fix here in Europe.

Thanks in advance for any help... Mark.

Edited by Yaarr

Mine did exactly the same thing. :angry2: Sometimes it would work OK but too often all those U's

Mine is much past the one year warrenty. I called Dillon and they said it couldn't be fixed but they would swap it out for a new one for $80.

Instead I just got one of these from Brian. http://www.brianenos.com/store/be.scale.html Unfortunately it says US orders only. :(

I just plugged mine in to see what happens. It gave me a couple of U's then nothing. :(

Mine worked for several years on batteries, but when I moved it to where I could plug it in, it soon failed. Coincidence??