Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Habanero Peppers

outerlimits

I read somewhere that the hotness of peppers is often reflective of the environment they grow in. More humid environs grew hotter because the defense mechanism was more crucial to protect it there than in dry areas. Best restaurant hot sauce I ever had was a great mango habanero sauce in Virginia Beach. Loved it on oysters.

I read somewhere that the hotness of peppers is often reflective of the environment they grow in. More humid environs grew hotter because the defense mechanism was more crucial to protect it there than in dry areas. Best restaurant hot sauce I ever had was a great mango habanero sauce in Virginia Beach. Loved it on oysters.

I had never heard that. In that case the peppers from here in the Mid-West should be pretty freakin hot with the high humidity summers. :cheers:

Joe W.

roadside veggie stand near here, had the 'wall of hot sauce' that ranged from Pace's mild tomato sauce to this stuff that you literally had to sign a waiver for to buy it.....the ingredients on the bottle were capsaisen C and water....thats it....some co-workers bought it for a going away present for a gal who was from sri lanka and LOVED hot food....yeah, this one got her....