Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PHASE-5 TACTICAL, LIGHTER EBR

RaymondMillbrae

OK, Folks,

for those of yall that like to shoot fast, reload fast, and clear stoppages even faster...here's the gizmo of the week.

Phase 5 Tactical has come out with their new, and improved, EBRV2 DEVICE.

If you have followed my earlier link (I cannot find it at the moment), you will know that I purchased their device a while back.

When I first received it, the first thing I noticed was the WEIGHT. It was solid and heavy. So naturally, the first thing that came to mind was it's reliability. I "assumed" that the extra weight would not work well, and so I was on the prowl for a heavy-duty spring to use with it.

Nope...no heavy duty springs to be found.

So my next step was to drill a couple of holes in the device to try and remove some metal/weight.

Nope...that didn't work either. (You can see my results/pictures in my other thread, if you should ever find it).

So I contacted Phase 5 Tactical, and I see that they have now come out with a new EBRv2 Device that they claim is 30% lighter.

Shoot...the answer to my quest.

To make a long story short, the new device is now in my hand, and it is lighter. As soon as I removed it from the package, I noticed the difference.

Another thing I noticed was that the welds were a lot cleaner. (Cool).

Anyhoo...below are attached a few pictures for you to see.

The first picture will be my original, DRILLED, EBRv2 Device. Then the new one will follow.

Just wanted to throw a plug in for Phase 5 Tactical for listening to their customers, and staying on the cutting edge.

I know that MagPul had the B.A.D. Device, but a 1-piece device is much more stable...and attractive.

Enjoy the pix, and notice the clean welds.

In Christ: Raymond

o201277772.jpg

o203078021.jpg

o203078022.jpg

o203078023.jpg

Cont'

Edited by RaymondMillbrae

POF just contacted me, and said my upper will finally be delivered at the end of Septeber, or the beginning of October.

I am not a photographer, so don't blame me for the shoddy/blurry pictures. I just wanted to post a few pix to share this new product with yall.

Can't wait till my upper arrives!!

In Christ: Raymond

b203082647.jpg

b203082270.jpg

b203082271.jpg

b203082272.jpg

• 7 months later...

Raymond,

Thank you for the great pictures of the back of the device. I have a DPMS lo pro upper with a recess milled into the side of the upper in which the bolt release paddle sits almost flush. According to the DPMS website, the Magpul BAD Lever will not work on a lo pro upper, so I was looking for an alternative. I was wondering whether the ERBv2 would clear the upper, and I think your pics of the back of the device have given me my answer.

Thanks again,

Chris