Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question regarding sights

The_Vigilante

I think I am going to have my stock sights replaced with Dawson. I would be putting the Dawson black target sights on the rear and the FO on the front. I have several questions. Any advantage using the Dawson Adjustable over the Dawson Fixed Competition sights? The front sights come in either .100 or .125 wide. What, if any, are the advantages to using .100 over the .125 or vice versa? Thanks

I think I am going to have my stock sights replaced with Dawson. I would be putting the Dawson black target sights on the rear and the FO on the front. I have several questions. Any advantage using the Dawson Adjustable over the Dawson Fixed Competition sights? The front sights come in either .100 or .125 wide. What, if any, are the advantages to using .100 over the .125 or vice versa? Thanks

The big advantage with the Adj. rear sight is that you can adjust for elevation and dial the sights in to your gun/load. The .100 is considered to be a faster sight. The .125 is slower but more precise.

The Dawson adj. rear uses a .285 tall front sight verses the fixed uses a .205. Eighty thou could be a factor for some holsters. The other adj. option is the low mounted Bo-mar style sight which uses a .245 front sight height. For the sight radius of the M .105 is an ideal width for the standard rear notch. The thinner the front sight the more room for error at longer distances.

Rich