Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "US Production Challenge" match announcement

You should petition STI to make this a contingency match. I don't know how many people will be shooting a GP6, but if they do and win their class it would be a remarkable achievement.

Edited by sperman

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should petition STI to make this a contingency match. I don't know how many people will be shooting a GP6, but if they do and win their class it would be a remarkable achievement.

Very remarkable! Unless they are sandbagging like the rest of us.

Edited by jtischauser

Just wondering, has the USPSA officially sanctioned this match yet? If so, Level II or Level III? I have a feeling this match is going to be a fantastic one for shooting photos and videos at.

Joe W.

Just wondering, has the USPSA officially sanctioned this match yet? If so, Level II or Level III? I have a feeling this match is going to be a fantastic one for shooting photos and videos at.

Joe W.

I believe the level of USPSA sanctioning is recognized.

• 1 month later...

I plan on making a new update on the web page this week. But so everyone know I have been working hard on promoting the match by word of mouth. There are a few sponsors that are coming on board at the end of this month. My goal is to make more "local" matches in many states to promote the match to shooters. Things are on schedule, and I expect things to really take off after the Pro-Am.

Check the web page Friday for the Summer update.

Thank you

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

I plan on making a new update on the web page this week. But so everyone know I have been working hard on promoting the match by word of mouth. There are a few sponsors that are coming on board at the end of this month. My goal is to make more "local" matches in many states to promote the match to shooters. Things are on schedule, and I expect things to really take off after the Pro-Am.

Check the web page Friday for the Summer update.

Thank you

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

Thanks Steve

Steve,

I will see that our club's web master gets a link to the match added to our web site. Hopefully I can get several shooters from my area to sign up for the match. It should be a great time for all.

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid

I will be flying into Tulsa for this match and will have to check my gun with the airline. I'd drive but it's a 12 hour drive and it's cheaper and faster to fly. I'm a little apprehensive about this. Has anyone had any terrible experiences with this / good experiences? Do they still slap a bright "firearm" sticker on the case letting everyone handling it that it's a easy gun to steal??

I will be flying into Tulsa for this match and will have to check my gun with the airline. I'd drive but it's a 12 hour drive and it's cheaper and faster to fly. I'm a little apprehensive about this. Has anyone had any terrible experiences with this / good experiences? Do they still slap a bright "firearm" sticker on the case letting everyone handling it that it's a easy gun to steal??

It is a lot easier than you would think. Just bring the pistol UNLOADED with NO magazines in a locked case with a TSA lock on it to the check in and let them know you need to declare the pistol. Keep ammo away from the pistol in the original containers if possible. You can't have any loose ammo or ammo that you can see visibly (uncased---as in original packaging). You can leave the pistol INSIDE the suitcase locked up nicely. They will give you a tag to sign and you then place the tag on top of the firearm case INSIDE the suitcase. Then they will walk you over to the TSA agents and you stick around till it clears and budda boom your done. It's that simple.

X2 on the flight back.

It is a lot easier than you would think. Just bring the pistol UNLOADED with NO magazines in a locked case with a TSA lock on it to the check in and let them know you need to declare the pistol. Keep ammo away from the pistol in the original containers if possible. You can't have any loose ammo or ammo that you can see visibly (uncased---as in original packaging). You can leave the pistol INSIDE the suitcase locked up nicely. They will give you a tag to sign and you then place the tag on top of the firearm case INSIDE the suitcase. Then they will walk you over to the TSA agents and you stick around till it clears and budda boom your done. It's that simple.

X2 on the flight back.

We have flown all over with our guns and it depends on the agent when you check in. We put our guns in a locked case inside our suitcase. Sometimes the agent puts the tag inside the gun case and then the next time we go, they put it on the outside of the locked case. Either way, the case goes inside the suitcase. Our ammo always goes in the same suitcase too but it is in original boxes. I have an insulated lunch bag that I put the ammo in so it's not sliding all over the suitcase. We carried two guns and 1,000 rounds to Bali like that. We have never had an issue with checking a gun. NOW, carry your gun bag (backpack) on the airplane can be another issue. Don't leave a screw driver, a piece of brass, or a stray bullet - you will be held up forever!!

Thanks fellas, should I plan on shipping my ammo since it'll be well over 11 lbs. I read on here that the airlines usually don't ask about ammo, but other people say they've been checked before. Take a chance or play it safe?

Thanks fellas, should I plan on shipping my ammo since it'll be well over 11 lbs. I read on here that the airlines usually don't ask about ammo, but other people say they've been checked before. Take a chance or play it safe?

Send it to yourself at your hotel. and take some.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

I will see that our club's web master gets a link to the match added to our web site. Hopefully I can get several shooters from my area to sign up for the match. It should be a great time for all.

Joe W.

Thanks

Thanks

No problem at all. I also run a weekly e-mail list for local guys in KC who shoot with a bowling pin club, just added the information to that as well. Anything at all I can do to help the match out.

Joe W.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if there are any new updates on the U.S. Production Challenge. There has not been any updates posted on the website since June 25th. And the Self Service Match Squadding on the USPSA website has not changed, and still only has 16 competitors listed.

There are a few Minnesota shooters interested in going, but are apprehensive about registering at the time being. They are waiting for more information.

With the September 1st deadline to request a refund without penalty, it would be nice to get some updates to help me decide whether to stay in or not.

Stay In! How can you beat 30 stages at USSA with a chance to win $1000 even if your in D class.

30? I thought it was 18? My check got cashed finally but still no on-line squadding update. Is this thing gonna happen?

Doh! I was thinking about the big Pan American shotgunm atch when I typed that. Yes it is only a 18 stages which is still awesome!

Edited by jtischauser