Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dillon 650 DVD

I thought I would up date my reference lib, with the new Dillion DVD for the 650 but I can't get it to play.

I've tried Windows Media Player & Quick Time and neither worked.

I get an error msg that tells me it's in a format not know to my system. I'm running XP-Pro.

TIA

Manny

(the other Manny not the famous one :roflol: )

Edited by TruStreet

I thought I would up date my reference lib, with the new Dillion DVD for the 650 but I can't get it to play.

I get an error msg that tells me it's in a format not know to my system. I'm running XP-Pro.

TIA

Manny

here ya go

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

it will play damn near anything

TIA

Manny

here ya go

Maybe I got a dud.

I got the following msg.

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC'. Check the log for details.

TIA

Manny

here ya go

Maybe I got a dud.

I got the following msg.

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC'. Check the log for details.

so did you go to media...open disc....?

will it play in a regular dvd player

Yes, It worked in my Media-Center, just not on my laptop!

Making a guess here:

Some copy protections have issues with specific DVD drive manufacturers, especially if said drive is a DVD-RW. I have two DVD-RW's in my desktop and the old Sony 2x one will read anything and the newer OEM one won't. I looked into it and sure enough other people have reported the same thing because of copy protection/DRM.

I have also seen it happen if you have a software DVD player and not a hardware one for the same reasons.

Suggestion:

If someone else has a laptop or desktop with a DVD drive or DVD-RW try it in there and see if you can narrow it down to just that particular laptop/drive or if it is something else.

Good Luck! :D

Making a guess here:

Some copy protections have issues with specific DVD drive manufacturers, especially if said drive is a DVD-RW. I have two DVD-RW's in my desktop and the old Sony 2x one will read anything and the newer OEM one won't. I looked into it and sure enough other people have reported the same thing because of copy protection/DRM.

I have also seen it happen if you have a software DVD player and not a hardware one for the same reasons.

Suggestion:

If someone else has a laptop or desktop with a DVD drive or DVD-RW try it in there and see if you can narrow it down to just that particular laptop/drive or if it is something else.

I think you hit the nail on the head, I took out my old laptop with win2000 & just a DVD player & it worked.

Thanks

Making a guess here:

Suggestion:

I think you hit the nail on the head, I took out my old laptop with win2000 & just a DVD player & it worked.

Thanks

NP, When you run a computer shop for a while... you see some *weird* things!! :blink: