Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

some videos from the local match yesterday

spanky

stages 1 - 4 and string 1 of the classifier (4 bill drill) not sure why he didnt' get the second string but oh well.

came out 1st C and 3rd Production out of 15 shooters. :cool:

Of course, I could rattle all day long about mistakes. I got a bit rattled by the "muzzle" warning on stage 1. I had a reshoot on stage 2 bc the score keeper didn't write down the time and I ended up 5 seconds faster the second run. Thanks RO. ;). Stage 3 could have been a bit faster. I should have gone in proper order on the right array. On stage 4 on the last array there's a pause because my brain took a shit and I forgot which papers to shoot next even though i went from left to right. :hsugh:. Stage 5 (4 bill drill) I just went a bit too fast on the long shots. I did work two different "grips" on my SHO/WHO and it shows in the video of the first string.

I'll take credit for the scoring brain fade, but certainly not the "muzzle" warning.

As we discussed, if you make a mistake, the only thing an experienced competitor like yourself would hear from me between the beep and "If you are finished, unload and show clear" is "Stop" if you violate the 180 or finger on the trigger when not engaging targets. Anything else is distracting for the shooter.

You shot a fine match. :cheers:

Curtis

I'll take credit for the scoring brain fade, but certainly not the "muzzle" warning.

As we discussed, if you make a mistake, the only thing an experienced competitor like yourself would hear from me between the beep and "If you are finished, unload and show clear" is "Stop" if you violate the 180 or finger on the trigger when not engaging targets. Anything else is distracting for the shooter.

Curtis

Thanks Curtis.

I did send you a PM on BS re: "muzzle."

Ref 8.6.1

No assistance of any kind can be given to a competitor during a course

of fire, except that any Range Officer assigned to a stage may issue

safety warnings to a competitor at any time. Such warnings will not be

grounds for the competitor to be awarded a reshoot.

That said, I do appreciate it. It might be an uncommon thought process as Lloyd and Chuck both thought I was crazy for saying I'd rather just hear stop than a boisterous warning.

One thing I wondered about as I watched your stronghand/weak hand is that you didn't seem to anchor your other hand/arm when you shot. Just a question of preference? Many seem to feel it helps to make a fist and anchor your "unused" arm to the chest.

Curtis

Curtis

Thanks Curtis.

I did send you a PM on BS re: "muzzle."

Ref 8.6.1

No assistance of any kind can be given to a competitor during a course

of fire, except that any Range Officer assigned to a stage may issue

safety warnings to a competitor at any time. Such warnings will not be

grounds for the competitor to be awarded a reshoot.

That said, I do appreciate it. It might be an uncommon thought process as Lloyd and Chuck both thought I was crazy for saying I'd rather just hear stop than a boisterous warning.

I know it's an RO option, and various RO are of different minds about it. Personally I would only choose to do so for a new shooter, someone at their first match or with only a match or two under their belt. And only at a Level I. The first time somebody shouted "Muzzle!" at me, during my first Gator Classic, I got so rattled I almost dropped the gun. I couldn't figure what was going on because I knew I had a sufficient safety margin on the 180...totally broke my concentration. What I prefer doing, after the shooter's run, is quietly taking him aside and asking if they aware they were very close to the line during so-and-so: if they weren't aware, then it's something for them to think about, maybe examine their technique. If they were purposefully pushing the envelope to 179 degrees, that's a chancy move but within their rights until they actually cross the line.

As I understand it, such warnings are allowed but not encouraged by NROI.

FWIW, I got the same "Muzzle" warning on the same stage and it distracted me as well.

Hell, your "Muzzle!" warning distracted me! I was running you and the warning came from another RO on the squad watching behind me.

Curtis

Edited: to add another thought or two.

Edited by BayouSlide