Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AARG! Why no good thread on M&P sights?

MemphisMechanic

Not to hijack the thread, but who makes the thinnest front night sight for an M&P?

Thinnest night sight you are gonna find is a .125". Dawson has them and so does Warren.

Dawson has a .100" wide M&P front sight as well.

(btw: give them a call if you can't find something you think they should have on the web page, some stuff doesn't always make it up there)

• 2 weeks later...
Note on the Dawson Adjustable target and optic sights on the M&P 40... On Dawson's website AND Speed Shooter Specialties, they specify a 0.265" tall front sight to pair with the adjustable rear....

0.265" is NOT tall enough!!! I have a call and email into Dawson on this and have notified Kenny as well...

Same thing happened when they introduced the adjustable for the Glock 35... It too required a taller front site.

IF you use a 0.265" as recommended, you will achieve the following:

Mechanically zeroed rear sight will produce a near head shot POI with a POA at the "A" on a Metric USPSA target at 25 yards.

IF you turn the rear sight as far down as absolutely possible, you can ALMOST get a POI/POA convergence at 25 yards...

Personally, I want my pistol to be POA/POI dead on at 25 yards with the rear sight at mechanical zero in elevation and windage... or as close to it as possible...

Speaking of windage... If you have the DP adjustable centered in the dove tail (using a caliper), and you have it mechanically zeroed, you won't be more than 1 click off in windage... that's cool!

I am new to the sport and just started shooting in the USPSA Production class. I have been looking for a good set of sights for my M&P .40, with a 4.25" barrel. I was about ready to order the DP Target Adjustable rear and the .265" Optical front, until I read this thread. I called Dawson and the gal I spoke was very nice, but did not seem to know the specifics when it came to windage and elevation sight adjustments.

I am not sure when it comes to yardage at these steel matches, but I would say some targets can be 20-25 yards out. I would like a sight that can accommodate that, without being max out in adjustment to hit it. Have you received any follow up from Dawson on this?

Would this be the right set up for me, or would you recommend a taller front sight? I know most of it can be personal preference, but any guidance would be helpful. Thank you all.

Edited by kevinaz123