Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Spaniels

One of the best dogs I have ever had was the dog my wife had when we met. She was a black and white Springer. Not the most obedient dog mind you, but what a great personality. I learned to groom her, and kept her short. She would let the kids yank and lay on her, and she just loved them even more. I think this year, or early next I would like another.

So, I was wondering if any of you guys and gals knows of a Springer breeder that has good pups. I have found the best dogs I have ever had by word of mouth. This being the computer age, I will settle for word of screen.

Thanks, Jimmy

Jimmy,

My wife and I are on our 3rd Springer (see avatar) Although we had an issue with a pup prior to Parker. We had Reggie for 3 months before returning him to the breeder. In all honesty, we found them through the AKC website, and by searching the web. Reggie was a Field bred Springer, the other 3 were Bench Springers.They're almost 2 completely different breeds. If you are going to hunt, get the Field. I can't get over how much energy they have. My sister has a Field bred. Personality wise, they're similar....NUTS :wacko: ! I won't have another breed though. :D

One question to ask, do the parents have any food issues! (Lesson learned from Reggie) Buy one from a local breeder, visit them before buying.

I know, that wasn't the answer for the question you asked.

Good luck with your search, and post pics when you get one.