Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage win at a major

Zerwas

First of all, I hope you all don't think I'm bragging when I post this. I am just SOOOOOO happy I won this stage overall is all. I had been shooting my open gun all year and just recently switched to my limited gun to get used to it for the nationals. The timing was way off for me during every practice session I would go to (which was 1 or 2...). I was frutstrated right up to the day before the IL sectional when my buddy Daniel Hefta was talked into going to another local match up here in MN. I needed that extra trigger time (thanks again Dan for letting me go!). I felt as if my mojo was back after the last 3 stages up at SCAPSA. Anyway, off to the IL sectional we went....

It was stage 9 at the 2009 IL sectional.

Stage description: 80 point stage. Start with gun on shelf, unloaded. On signal you load and go into a port and shoot 3 targets some with hard cover on them. Move to another port 25' away and engage 3 more targets some with hard cover on them. Finally, we move foreword about 20' and finish up on 2 full size poppers and a paper with a no shoot covering some of the target.

Anyway, I felt as though I did an ok job with this stage as I felt pretty smooth. When I saw the end results, I ended up not only beating outstanding shooters like Travis, Manny and Ted in my own division (limited), but I also won the stage overall to include Max and several talented open division shooters!

I shot that stage in 9.88 seconds with 78 points and I had a HF of 7.8947.

You are doing great this year that is for sure, most of the matches i have attended, I always notice your name at or near the top. Great job. BTW did you shoot your 6" limited gun in Ill? Dave

I sure did. Love that pistol! Just gotta keep in time with it is all.

I have been pretty fortunate this year (open gun is running like a swiss army watch---as long as I keep grease away from it... :devil: ).

I'm breaking down barriers left and right this year. I'm discovering things about shooting that I already knew, but never applied until this year. Thanks for noticing Dave!

You really smoked that one!

1 Steven E. Z. 141 M Limited 78 0 9.88 7.8947 80.0000 100.00%

2 Travis T. 70 GM Limited 80 0 10.33 7.7444 78.4770 98.10%

3 Ted C. P. 93 GM Limited 74 0 9.79 7.5587 76.5952 95.74%

4 Emanuel B. 92 GM Limited 75 0 10.11 7.4184 75.1735 93.97%

5 Bob J. 66 A Limited 77 0 10.83 7.1099 72.0473 90.06%