Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magtech Primer Question

CHA-LEE

I recently got some Magtech Small Pistol Primers and was wondering if they are the exact same thing as the CCI Small Pistol Primers. I set a CCI and Magtech primer right next to one another and they both look exactly the same. Does anyone know if these are in fact the same thing just repackaged for Magtech?

no magtech is magtech, magtech has a litle v in the middle of the primer

hhhmmm..... Not these ones. I have seen Magtech ammunition and they have the "V" on the primer and it is gold in color. But these Magtech primers I got are Silver with no "V" on them. They look exactly like CCI primers.

I am not complaining here. Primers are primers and if they make the gun go "BANG" when the hammer drops, I am happy. The only reason why I wondered if they were in fact CCI's is because I know the CCI's work in my gun and load. I guess its a piece of mind thing knowing if they are in fact CCI's or not.

If CCI work (go bang) in your gun, everything else will too. Your PF may change a little.

CCI are the least tolerant of light strikes. Federal are the most tolerant. Winchester, Remington, Wolf, and Magtech are in the middle.

I have heard that Magtech are most similar to Winchester, but have no first hand experience.