Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Point Series

SmittyFL

Hi Flex,

Dave will be shooting Production at the 04 Nats. Two of my guys -Todd Sindelar and Ron Francisco - are going to shoot Production all next year. That should definitely make things interesting. I will be shooting Limited. Hopefully Rob will be shooting Limited again. On the other hand, since he can't qualify for a US Team slot at World Shoot XIV, he could very well shoot Lim10. Let's see, Taran - Limited, Todd - ?.......

Either way, it's going to suck not shooting against all of the top guns. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win Limited next year, but it would be a bit more hollow.

And Matt, I've got some advice for you. Get used to it. Take it from the most avoided shooter in Robin Taylor's camera lens! There's two ways to get some decent recognition in Front Sight: 1. Win the Nationals 2. Write an article about the fastest cycling shotgun, smoothest bolt action rifle, or which targets dry the fastest (basically something other than practical pistol shooting). BTW, congrats on the Production Point Series win.

Have a happy Holidays

Phil

Nah I'm not bitter, just disappointed. Even more disappointed was my cheering section back home. One of my mentors told me that it was almost like they went out of their way to write the story without mentioning me. Another guy on the section committee said it looked like it was totally intentional. I guess ya gotta be 'name brand' to get some press, no matter how good you do. <_<

And Matt, I've got some advice for you. Get used to it. Take it from the most avoided shooter in Robin Taylor's camera lens! There's two ways to get some decent recognition in Front Sight: 1. Win the Nationals 2. Write an article about the fastest cycling shotgun, smoothest bolt action rifle, or which targets dry the fastest (basically something other than practical pistol shooting). BTW, congrats on the Production Point Series win.

Have a happy Holidays

Phil

Thanks Phil. Dave told me the exact same thing in an email a couple days ago. Good advice from the both of you. I'm not a glory hound, but a little press would be good, you never know when a sponsor could step up and make this hobby a little cheaper on you.

I knew the points race would be a squeeker from day 1. I knew that between work and my daughter being born, I could only make 6 matches. I had to make them count.

And congratz to you on winning Limited. Maybe we'll both get a writeup, but with both of us to write about, they have a double excuse not to. :P