Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationls Walk on Process

CocoBolo

2009 USPSA Nationals. On the Nationals site is says to be there 30 minutes early if you are trying to walk on. I emailed my questions to them several days ago but no response.

The basic question is how will the walkon process work?

Will shooters on the current wait list get a preference?

Depending on how it works one might need to camp out the day prior like when buying George Strait concert tickets.

2009 USPSA Nationals. On the Nationals site is says to be there 30 minutes early if you are trying to walk on. I emailed my questions to them several days ago but no response.

Depending on how it works one might need to camp out the day prior like when buying George Strait concert tickets.

Call up Matt at USPSA headquarters in Sedro, he should be able to explain it. From what I remember in the past they have always had slots available during registration. I think last year they may have come very close to being completly sold out though. With the divisions being run back to back it makes things easier from some people to try and shoot both at the last minute. Hope this helps, H!

Wait list shooters don't get preference, because I believe the wait list goes away before then. I could be wrong about that, though. In the past, you just need to come and sign up on a list--first come, first served, but that list won't be out until about a half hour prior to registration, so camping out won't do you any good. We generally try to accommodate the walk on competitors, but it may be after registration is done if we know we have enough cancellations and no-shows to award slots.

Registration will be at the match hotel, so that's the place to be for walk-on sign up.

Troy

I was a walk up for Tulsa last year. I went to the registration area a little early and put my name on a list. About 3 hours later they called my name and told me to look at the squad lists that were posted and pick a squad that wasn't full. Pretty straight forward process and every on I talked to said they can't remember ever having to turn someone away. Of course, this is Vegas, so that may change things.