Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baerburtchell's Range Diary/Training Program

Paul Burtchell

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good 100 round practice session with the new XDm 5.25 tonight. Again, no malfunctions and I'm extremely pleased with the accuracy.

I do have the tendency to engage the slide release lever with my right thumb, which keeps the slide from locking back on the last round. No biggie for USPSA, but for IDPA can be an issue. Got to rework my grip just a smidgen .

I'm looking forward to shooting my first IDPA match with it on Saturday.

• 1 month later...

Welcome back, you missed some fun matches.

BTW - I think that has been the longest amount of time where you didn't purchase, nor sell any firearm..... :roflol:

Ryan

Edited by AggieMM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot one USPSA match in Waco on Saturday and an IDPA match in Temple on Sunday. First time to shoot 2 matches in one weekend in quite sometime. Despite lack of any practice I did farily well at both matches. I shot a good Production Classifier that should help me move closer to getting my A Card.

New XDm 5.25 hit the 1000 round mark. Gun has ran flawlessly and is very accurate.

I'm getting the bug for another custom 1911. Narrowed it down to 2 choices. 1. Les Baer Custom Premiere II with the 1.5" guarantee and strip out all the fire control parts and replace with Cylinder & Slide components, & add a Dawson F/O front sight. 2. Full blown custom. Decisions, decisions..........

Pistol will definitely be in 45acp this time.

Edited by Paul Burtchell

• 4 weeks later...

About to be the longest 2 months of my life.:rolleyes:

Next week I'm ordering a Virgil Tripp Custom 1911. After much thought I have decided to have it built in 40S&W.

I'm taking the 1 1/2 hour trip to Bastrop to meet Virgil and get the build started. Very excited :goof:

Edited by Paul Burtchell

About to be the longest 2 months of my life.:rolleyes:

Next week I'm ordering a Virgil Tripp Custom 1911. After much thought I have decided to have it built in 40S&W.

I'm taking the 1 1/2 hour trip to Bastrop to meet Virgil and get the build started. Very excited :goof:

Glad I could help ya make the plunge buddy. ;)

Set an appointment for next Wed. afternoon to meet with Virgil and work out all the details of the build.

I've had many custom pistols in the past, but this will be the first time I've actually sat down in person and met with the Pistolsmith prior to the build. To say I'm excited would be a tremendous understatement. I've spent lots of time on the phone with Virgil through the years, but have never met him personally.