Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will this charging handle fit the M2?

mattmcg

Yes....M1 and M2 are the same. M4 is different. That is the old Progressive Machine Ti Bolt handle in Brownells. Looks like Steve is having them made or sold off the design.

Ok, thanks. I really like this handle on the M4 but haven't heard many folks using this on the M2 Field for 3 gun use. Is this a good option for 3 gun as well or is there another that is preferred?

Yes....M1 and M2 are the same. M4 is different. That is the old Progressive Machine Ti Bolt handle in Brownells. Looks like Steve is having them made or sold off the design.

Ok, thanks. I really like this handle on the M4 but haven't heard many folks using this on the M2 Field for 3 gun use. Is this a good option for 3 gun as well or is there another that is preferred?

Your question is much akin to asking which flavor of ice cream is best. The bolt handle you are looking at is one of several often seen at matches. Some folks like the smaller handles and some like the oversized ones. Me? I still shoot the factory handle since I have never had to use the bolt handle in a match because---after all it is a Benelli.

Well, just to circle back on this topic to provide my feedback. After receiving the oversized charging handle from Brownells, I wasn't a big fan of the ergonomics of it over the factory handle so I returned it. There were a few things I didn't like (heavier than stock handle, very big, rough checkering) and have been enjoying the stock handle the more I use it. I guess it was worth trying out............

Edited by mattmcg