Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data source

Flexmoney

Hi I´m a Brazilian new IPSC shooter , here the things are so diferent , all reloading materials we use is Made in Brasil , and it is impossible to folow yours load data , but , what is the advantage about shooting a 220 gr. with low charge than a 180 gr. high velocity , it is only the recoil ? or ... there anything else ?

Ricardo,

What "reloading materials" are you refering to?  Are you talking about components, like brass, powder, primers and bullets?  Or, are you talking about equipment, like presses, dies and such?

What reloading manuals do you have available?

Oh, what calibers are you looking for information on?

Ricardo,

The main consideration is how the gun feels (recoils) when it fires. The 180's will produce a little "snappier" feel, whereas the 220's, loaded to the same power factor, will feel quite a bit "softer but more spongy." This change in feel is the result of the COMBINATION of the velocity and the bullet weight.

Everybody has a different opinion on what they like or is best, so you just have to experiment. And experiment.

be

Hi Flex , yes ..

our powder , bullets , brass , and primers are made in Brasil , the equipment like presses and gun acessories , is bought by a air company Board Commissar friend of mine ,so all the load data that we found on the web is usseless for us , but guns , presses and acessories are very dificult , not for me , but in general cases is very dificult , and this friend cannot bring me over the air , powder , primers and etcc ,and the material he could bring is very expensive , at least 30% expensive then he paid for , but we do not have choice , we need it .

The Guns , but , is dificult to import a gun , as buy a Made in Brasil one , here we have STI , SVI ... all of them but very expensive . We paid for a STI out of the box  US$3000,00 , the made in Brasil Gun  is the IMBEL , IMBEL is a Government Military Industry and  her manager is the Brazilian Army Forces , this Industrie is that one that makes Springfield Pistols (the IMBEL is an exact clone of Springfield), and after this Springfield import to US , just to make it clear , here we buy a IMBEL .40 or .45 High Cap  for US$ 250,00 , and after a good gunsmith job it becames a real Race gun , all of you would like the IMBEL , i´m sure .

To resume , when you meet a Brazilian shooter you can think `This guy realy loves the Shooting sport ` , and do not forget I do not talk about the documents to be a shooter.

The violence that you saw at TV here in Brazil is the same that we saw at TV , and we know that its a government and press campaign to put an end point in  guns . But ... is very difficult to buy a gun at a shop , and the govern. makes it more difficult each year , but if your are an outlaw , the black market is full of models , and no one makes nothing , simply nothing , Aks , Ars , Minis , MachineGuns , grenades , we are always beeing  missunderstood about our sport , the true is very different about what we all see at Brasilian TV . Its sucks . But here we are ... trying to make some alfas ...

Ricardo,

I don't have the expertise to help you out.  Perhaps others here can.  

I would suggest that you get in touch with the component makers in your country and ask them to compare their products with other, well documented, components.

You are right Richardo.  I missed the point of your question.  I assumed that it had something to do with the original post on this thread.

I am sure that Brian's answer covered your question.  In the future, to get more feedback on your specific questions, post them under a new topic.

I am not trying to be an a**hole.  But, I have wasted my time trying to answer what I thought to be your question, you have wasted your time responding, and we have wasted everyone's time that has bothered to read this thread this far.  And, we have probably killed the original topic of this thread.

Keep sharing, that what these forums are all about.  I, for one, will appreciate a Brazilian point of view.

Sorry about killing the original topic of this thread. But its to much topics , I got confused . And Kyle , sorry if I make you waste your time , but I think that some times , an experience of life is in a simple answer , sometimes we think that we must talk to all the word to get the poit , but ... life is so simple , we just need to open our eyes , and make it simple , do not search for complex style , make it simple . Here in Brasil we say ` Dont look up for a white fly `.

And afterall Kyle , we are making friendship , and your are not an a**hole .

Thanks for help , and make it forever

Your friend !