Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Magwell

ArvinM

What kind of modification would I need to do to install a tactical sport magwell on my SP01? I already have the "long" aluminum grips and really don't want to buy a "short" one just to accomodate the magwell. Has anyone installed the tac sport magwell on the SP01 yet. It says on Angus website that it is friction fit.....what does that mean? Thanks.

the TS magwell is wider than the SP01 frame..you would need to do a lot of buildup of material to get it fit. if you get that down..then you would need to trim the grips to fit on the frame with the magwell.

not sure how you build up that much material and fit the magwell for less than the cost of a new magwell though.

As stated, it's a completely different animal. Plus, the TS magwell uses the "medium" grips - which are the same length as the stock TS grips, and are definitely shorter than normal 75 grips.

If you really want a magwell on your SP01, buy the correct one and either cut down your existing grips or just buy the shorter ones.

According to the website you either have to use the short grips or shorten the longer grips:

"CZ 75/85/SP01 Magazine Well These need to be fitted, so be aware. They are friction fit and held in place by Grips Use the SHORT Aluminium CZ 75/85/TS(IPSC) Grips Other grips will need to be shortened for this to work (Reason for this is to allow Mag wells to be blended to the gun) They can be anodized after fitting May need to fit magazine base pads for correct function I use the SP01 magazine with the Rubber Base Pads. Silver ONLY (Reason for this is to allow Mag wells to be blended to the gun) They can be anodized after fitting."

it just taps on from the rear..

that's it.

Even with the long aluminum grips? Or will it need some sort of shaving?

you'll need to whack a good portion of the grips off to fit the magwell.

the magwell fits over the wide portion on the bottom of the frame..IIRC it is above the cutouts on the grip area..so the long grips need to be shortened up just above the cutouts of the grip.

here are two CZs..one with magwell, one without..you can see the heighth that the magwell comes up.

CZSApair.jpg

Edited by eerw

it just taps on from the rear..

that's it.

Even with the long aluminum grips? Or will it need some sort of shaving?

you'll need to whack a good portion of the grips off to fit the magwell.

the magwell fits over the wide portion on the bottom of the frame..IIRC it is above the cutouts on the grip area..so the long grips need to be shortened up just above the cutouts of the grip.

here are two CZs..one with magwell, one without..you can see the heighth that the magwell comes up.

CZSApair.jpg

That's all I needed to see. A clear picture of what needs to be done to my current aluminum grips. Thanks.