Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

suggestions on a 1911 airsoft

Get'em Duck

Ok I've been reading all the old posts on 1911 airsofts and still on the fence as to what to get.

I know I want a full metal frame, but which one.

I've held the Caspian 1911 that manny carries at his online store and they feel nice does anyone here own one? How does it shoot?

I've also been looking at the WE Wilson Combat 1911.

I just want a good solid gun that I can set up and shoot in the garage to try and improve my skill level, will the Caspian work for that?

Thanks

~B~

I have the WE caspian 1911 and like it. Great feel, accurate and fits in my 007 competition holster.

Recoil is enough to break sight picture and get me to follow thru for doubles.

Going to use to help cut draw times for Big Dawg Steel Match.

Built some mini steel racks and stop plates. Going to do some man on man airsoft with friends.

I got one of the caspians from manny at area 3, along with a couple bottles of green gas.

Thus far, it's running great. Even in rapid fire. Yes, the mags gets a little cold after 15 shots in 3 or 4 seconds... but you're gonna get that with any gas gun.

I've got no complaints. Especially after I figured out how to fill the freaking mags :)

Frank

I will echo the last two comments. All airsoft guns are gonna be subject to cooling of the mags. It is the nature of the gas. But you can stave that off with extra mags. I am currently using 4 mags and when I run through those I set them in the sun while I take a break and assess the progress of my training. Within a few minutes they are warmed up enough to go again.

I haven't had alot of trouble with them freezing up in rapid fire if I understand and observe the limitations. I use Power Green gas sold through Evike.com in a We-Tech Hi-Capa 5.1

I have a few videos showing some rapid fire drills and you can pretty much run 4 drills with a mag in a rapid fire succession before it is too cold to function. That generally empties the mag anyway.

My latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6nvH5LuInI