Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 right side safety

J.Schmitt

What causes the right side safety to bulge out slightly after the trigger is pulled. It bulges to the point where I am able to see the entire pin where it enters the frame. Anything I should do to correct this or is it normal. I am able to dry fire it and hold the safety in without feeling it move when I pull the trigger. Occures in both SA and DA.

Jay

What causes the right side safety to bulge out slightly after the trigger is pulled. It bulges to the point where I am able to see the entire pin where it enters the frame. Anything I should do to correct this or is it normal. I am able to dry fire it and hold the safety in without feeling it move when I pull the trigger. Occures in both SA and DA.

Jay

I just checked and mine does the same thing. The gun is > 10K rounds old so I guess it really doesn't matter. Besides, if you shoot production, you don't use the safety.

Later,

Chuck

The gun shoots fine. I want to know what is causing it. Something else on the inside of the gun "Trigger Group" is moving the right safety. Kinda figured mayby something can be smoothed out even more. I figure the less that moves the better.

Jay

I just took a look inside my SP-01. The trigger bow slightly rubs on the part of the right safety that extends into the frame. Since the hole for the shaft from the left safety is fairly loose, the right safety is free to move around. If you really want to get rid of it you could grind down the trigger bow a hair but since the fit on the shaft is so loose, the safety will still probably move around.

Later,

Chuck