Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 Accuracy

alellis

I have used my 625 for IPSC mostly and I was wondering if anyone has used a 625 for precision shooting.

I have some 185g swc lead bullets and BA10, Bullseye and AA#2 powders.

Can someone suggest a accurate load.

And does anyone have an idea of what size group is possible at 25 yds.

al

I have used my 625 for IPSC mostly and I was wondering if anyone has used a 625 for precision shooting.

al

At 50 feet my 625 PC will group my load of a 185 Berry's HBRN and 3.8 gr. of Clays in one ragged hole. I struck on this load about one month ago, loaded up some test loads, found they were accurate, and loaded enough to get through a local ICORE match the next day. Since I knew there were no long shots on the course for that match (nothing over 20 yrds.) I didn't bother to test the load beyond the sight in distance. My schedule has prevented me from testing out to 50 yards, but up close it's a dandy load for me. And it honestly has less felt recoil than a 9mm to me.

al

At 50 feet my 625 PC will group my load of a 185 Berry's HBRN and 3.8 gr. of Clays in one ragged hole. I struck on this load about one month ago, loaded up some test loads, found they were accurate, and loaded enough to get through a local ICORE match the next day. Since I knew there were no long shots on the course for that match (nothing over 20 yrds.) I didn't bother to test the load beyond the sight in distance. My schedule has prevented me from testing out to 50 yards, but up close it's a dandy load for me. And it honestly has less felt recoil than a 9mm to me.

Thanks

I've got a 625-6 5inch and for shits and giggles I tried my load of a 230 grain LRN over 4 grains of Red Dot out at 100 yards last weekend on a 6 inch steel target. Whoever had this gun before me seems to have dialed in the sights for that load and range because aiming dead on I smacked that target twice in a row. then got jittery and missed 4 times. reloaded and calmed down and smacked it twice again. then got lazy(having to walk down and reset the target each time) and tried to hit the target while it was laying down. didn't manage that, but I was still impressed with it. I haven't had that gun for a month yet so I haven't tried out much in the way of different loads. I really like this combo so far.

• 5 weeks later...