Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swinging Target

xsniper

• 2 weeks later...

So it is funny you should make this post. I have been working on plans to build a swinger and I finished my prototype this weekend.

Here is a link to a video and more detailed images.

Swinger Video and images

DSC_0053.JPG

I will post back with more info on the issues I had but this stand cost me $80 USD and took about 3 hours total to complete. PM me with any questions.

Here is the parts list:

10 - 1 ½” 90 degree

9 - 1 ½” T fittings

2 - 1 ½” x 1 ½” x 1” T fitting

1 – 1” 4 way

1 – 3 x 3/4” Bolt

6 – ¾” flat washers

2 – 5lb weights

4 – ¾” sealed Cartridge bearings

18” of 3/4” steel tube

1 – 1 ½ to 1” reducer

1 – 1” to ¾ threaded

16’ of 1 ½” PVC Pipe

6’ of 1” PVC Pipe

Parachute cord

PVC primer and glue

5 minute 2 part epoxy for gluing the bearings

All material was purchased at Home depot and the bearings I got at Ace Hardware.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much for the help. At least now maybe I can figure out how to make a few holes appear during a match.

Glad to help, one thing you will need is a forstner drill bit to drill out the 1" 4way so the bearings will fit but I can't remember the size of the bit. I will look tonight and post back.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

I love the ingenuity. I would guess changing the weight would change the speed of the swinger. Very cool!!

Thanks! Changing the weight to the next highest position does in fact slow it down and also adding another 2.5lbs to the bottom position makes it faster. The very top position is too far above the center of gravity and I won't add that in the next iteration. I also need to make the kick stand a little taller so it will swing deeper for longer.

• 4 weeks later...