Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rookie Reloader

lmlong

Joined the USPSA, got classified and now I am going to test my first reloads in an actual match this weekend. I just came from the range, my ammo is grouping and functioning great. I am using 4.8 grains of #5, Remington primers, Suters 147 grn LFP, and mixed brass. On the chrono they were averaging 914 fps. I am pretty excited to see how they do in the real world.

Larry

Joined the USPSA, got classified and now I am going to test my first reloads in an actual match this weekend. I just came from the range, my ammo is grouping and functioning great. I am using 4.8 grains of #5, Remington primers, Suters 147 grn LFP, and mixed brass. On the chrono they were averaging 914 fps. I am pretty excited to see how they do in the real world.

Larry

Good Luck! By the way, 914 fps with what? .45? .40? What are you shooting them out of?

Everything went well, except for the fact I had 1 squib in the batch. I felt kind of bad, I loaded up about 500 rnds for a buddy, his son, and me and my buddy got the squib. I was sure I looked in every one of them before I seated the bullet but must of missed one. Lesson learned and no one got hurt or damaged a firearm. The rounds fed perfectly and shot accurately so I am pretty happy in general.