Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunting Ground Hogs

David.Hylton

Spent the last two weeks on leave before heading for Afghanistan. Spending time with my daughter, parents, and brothers was a blast. A special treat was being able to hunt ground hogs in SE Virginia. The farmers were very appreciative; it is amazing to see the damage the lil' buggers cause. I shot 25 over about 5 hunts. I was using my Rock River with a 3x9 Leupold and 50 grain Federal bulk pack ammo from Walmart.

Edited by Flexmoney
Dead Animal pics removed, to comply with forum rules against such.

Where did you find groundhogs in SEVA? I'm on a new farm just about everyday, and I've never seen enough (holes or animals themselves) to inquire about permission to hunt. I'd love to line up a couple of farms to vsit every so often.

Shooting groundhogs around my property is damn near all the shooting I've been doing this year. They started digging under my newly refurbished barn and shed, again.

The subsonic .22 Quik-shok worked amazingly well, especially since my house is only two miles from the county courthouse. I haven't had one take a single step after getting hit with one of those. DRT. I did have one surprise me as I was mowing and all I had handy was my Kahr PM9 loaded with Cor-bon DPX. Kind of wished I had the shot timer to check 1st shot from the pocket holster.

Stay safe in Afghanistan!