Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Parts for CZ IPSC St

iron9

...not permitted in IPSC.

The .40 cal Standard IPSC has not caught on here because we cannot get magazines for it at all. Pre-ban CZ mags for this gun DO NOT EXIST in the USA since the mags are unique to the Std. IPSC and the gun was introduced after 1994. That leaves it in only Limited 10 division and most US shooters choose either a 1911 SS, S_I, or a Glock. Sad, really since the Standard IPSC is such a great gun!

Regarding the excellent Swedish/Danish...

Could anyone explain for us outside US how this 10 rounds magazine law works. Apparently you are competing with full capacity STI/SVI magazine and others. What keeps from buying 16 rounds magazine for a CZ IPSC Stand?

See you

iron9

Could anyone explain for us outside US how this 10 rounds magazine law works. Apparently you are competing with full capacity STI/SVI magazine and others. What keeps from buying 16 rounds magazine for a CZ IPSC Stand?

Time. To be short and simple, when they passed that dumb law they knew they could not ask everyone to turn in their old big mags. So they only passed a law against new mags over 10. Any magazine made before the ban date can be owned, sold, used, imported, whatever (though a few states have their own more restrictive laws) but no magazines made after ban date can be larger then 10 rounds (for civilians anyway). Unfortunatly the CZ Standard IPSC was not made before the ban and neither were its mags. Thus all its 16rd mags, made after the ban, are a no-no for us here, while the SVI/STI old mags are just fine.

What happened was that right before the ban, everyone made millions of mag bodies and they are still selling them at a sane price. And it gets even funnier, because you can buy new bodies to replace "worn out" ones.

Its all a mess.

Vlad

Is it new mags as a design who is banned? Isn't it allowed to manufacture new hi cap mags of old design?

Is it not allowed for me to go US with my hi cap mags an compete, either? A few of us had plans to go to Florida Open next year, but had to postpone it.

See you

iron9

NO. You cannot manufature/assemble a new mag in the USA that holds over 10 rounds.

"You" means "you" because the factories can, for military and law enforcement sales. And further more, you also can not import mags made elsewhere outside the USA, is they were made after the magic date. Funny thing is, you can import boat loads of old 30 round AK mags with the right paperwork, but not new ones.

As I said, its really stupid.

Vlad

• 3 weeks later...

I started this topic a while ago, as a quest to find customized parts for my CZ 75 IPSC Standard. I still haven't found a larger magwell to customize my gun with, but I know now that someone really makes them. Instead of rewriting a long story again in a foreign language, I would like to paste in a reply I made in another Forum. It will explain where one could expect to find one. Some of the information may also have a news value to some readers.

The CZ 75B will be available in stainless steel in Europe soon, as well as a 9 mm IPSC Standard. The latter will be called "CZ 75 Tactical Sport". I got the information from the distributer of CZ guns here in Sweden, Sportec AB.

There are however, a lot more new guns out on the market in Europe, than one can find in either CZ's site in US or Tjeckien. I have only seen pictures of them in a fax with German text. It seems to be some kind of "Special Edition" ordered by a large Europeean distributer. I have written to them to get better photos and more data. From what I can make out of these blurred fax copy, there will be a new black model of the IPSC Standard with a larger mag funnel made of steel, and several 6" 9mm guns built on the 75/85 model frame.

I'm a big fan of CZ guns and I have shot almost 50 000 rds with their IPSC Standard 40. I have just recently created a homepage devoted to IPSC shooting. There are a lot of video clips uploaded and I will also try to cover every bit of news there is about CZ pistols. My site is www.StrictlyIPSC.com

See you

iron9

• 4 weeks later...
  It seems to be some kind of "Special Edition" ordered by a large Europeean distributer. I have written to them to get better photos and more data. From what I can make out of these blurred fax copy, there will be a new black model of the IPSC Standard with a larger mag funnel made of steel, and several 6" 9mm guns built on the 75/85 model frame.

FYI this European distributer is propably Frankonia in Germany (http://www.frankonia.de). I have their catalogue and there is 9mm Coversion kit for CZ 75 Standard IPSC (729 euros). There is also this black 75 Standard IPSC with large mag funnel. It´s called Team Edition II. Trigger, hammer, slide lock and safety lever have also stainless steel finish. It is available in 9mm Luger and .40 S&W. The price is 1599 euros. I could try to scan the page for you if you want to take a better look. You can also order the Frankonia catalogue from their web page for 10 euros.

It seems to be some kind of "Special Edition" ordered by a large Europeean distributer. I have written to them to get better photos and more data. From what I can make out of these blurred fax copy, there will be a new black model of the IPSC Standard with a larger mag funnel made of steel, and several 6" 9mm guns built on the 75/85 model frame.

FYI this European distributer is propably Frankonia in Germany (http://www.frankonia.de). I have their catalogue and there is 9mm Coversion kit for CZ 75 Standard IPSC (729 euros). There is also this black 75 Standard IPSC with large mag funnel. It´s called Team Edition II. Trigger, hammer, slide lock and safety lever have also stainless steel finish. It is available in 9mm Luger and .40 S&W. The price is 1599 euros. I could try to scan the page for you if you want to take a better look. You can also order the Frankonia catalogue from their web page for 10 euros.

I have asked Frankonia for their photos of these guns or permission to scan the catalogue, for use on my homepage. They have promised to give me an answer next week, if they will agree to let me do so.

I have also made inquiries about the possibility of order the big mag well from the "Team Edition II" seperatly. It will be possible, but I haven't got any price of it yet.

See you

iron9

Right now I am helping my brother in choosing his first pistol. CZ 75 IPSC in 9mm Luger could be excellent choice since it has all the custom features already "built-in". Other choices we have been considering are Tanfoglio Combat with some modifications, Tanfoglio Match and Tanfoglio Limited. If the new 9 mm CZ 75 IPSC will be in the same price range as the .40 S&W modell it will be very good choice.

Hope they´ll release it soon. :rolleyes:

-AS

Finland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just got back from Area 8 championship that was sponsored in part by CZ-USA. No new word on either factory or custom IPSC/USPSA parts available here. However, they did say that CZ-USA is well aware that the stupid 10-round magazine law may expire in September. While it would be premature for them to plan for an even that may, or may not happen, it is their hope that the .40 Standard IPSC will make headway as a competitive USPSA Limited Division handgun.

I also asked them how the 85 Combat is doing in USPSA; apparently, it has a big following, particularly on the west coast. After having shot Glocks, Steyrs, Sigs, and CZ-75Bs in Production division, my choice is the 85 Combat for its excellent trigger & accuracy.

We were able to talk with Milan Trkulja, CZUB Gen. Manager for Marketing, and he said they will be coming out with an improved CZ75 IPSC STD in .40 and the new CZ 75 SPOI Tactical in 9mm later this year. The new .40 pistol will have a new name/designation. Both will come with factory 18 rd mags.

We were able to talk with Milan Trkulja, CZUB Gen. Manager for Marketing, and he said they will be coming out with an improved CZ75 IPSC STD in .40 and the new CZ 75 SPOI Tactical in 9mm later this year. The new .40 pistol will have a new name/designation. Both will come with factory 18 rd mags.

Very good news indeed. BTW have anyone seen this gun out in the market:

czstipsc.jpg

http://www.strictlyipsc.com/Bilder/czstipsc.jpg

Even new ones looks like this, as they always have:

czstipsc1.jpg

http://www.strictlyipsc.com/Bilder/czstipsc1.jpg

Is new IPSC Stand looking like the first picture, maybe?

See You!

Johnny Nilsson

Edited by Flexmoney

that IPSC CZ is a nice looking gun. one of the only CZs with decent sights.

are the mags different than regular CZ75 mags? they must be to get 16 40 cal in them with no pads.. with the sunset of the stupid crime law, i assume CZ will start selling regular mags(they will all be High Caps :wub: )

then i can see the open version of the CZ coming to live with me..

dont know how they would stand up to 9mm major though :unsure:

maybe the 40 would be best.

"are the mags different than regular CZ75 mags? "

Yes, they are different. They do not share a magazine body with either the 75/85 series 40/9mm mags or the larger CZ-97B .45ACP magazine.

"they must be to get 16 40 cal in them with no pads.. with the sunset of the stupid crime law, i assume CZ will start selling regular mags(they will all be High Cap)"

I asked the CZ rep about the very few pre-ban magazines floating around the US that seem to fit this gun; we had both heard rumors that before the 94 ban, Tanfoglio had made a certain model of magazine that would work in the Standard IPSC; as to where to source these, I haven't a clue. RE possible sunset, CZ's rep would only go so far as to say CZ-USA is well aware of the possibilities. These really are fine guns with great potential in USPSA Limited were the correct magazines available.

• 2 months later...

I assembled a new, 18 round magazine on the 13th of September. How? I bought three 16 round tubes from CZ-USA and 3 proto-type magazine extensions from Taylor Freelance (see their add in the most recent Frontsite or www.taylorfreelance.com). Robin Taylor himself called me about these proto-types to explain an issue with the 1st generation retainers; RObin has already re-designed the retainer system to resemble his time-proven Glock mag extension retainer.

I modified the 1st generation extension with a Bridgeport mill at work & made a sheet-metal, U-shaped retainer that works with the hole in the basedpad. Not as slick as Robin's new design but functional.

Result? A brand new 18 round magazine that fits in the gun and its under 140mm!! Does it work in competition? Flawless! 18+1 rounds w/ the stock spring & follower. I have since learned that these basepads are made from Delrin polymer - a material that costs more than typical extension materials such as 6061 T-6 or 7075 T6 aluminum alloy. I believe that these mags have the potential for 19 rounds with a modified follower. Regards, Douglas

www.shootersparadise.com

USPSA

NROI

site1008.JPG