Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrels

Joe Robinson

I was thinking of changing the stock barrel in my p-16 40. I can not deside bull or bushing. I have been shooting IPSC for about a year and half and I was thinking the upgraded in barrel mite help in my progres. If anybody could help that would be great.

I wouldn't recommend putting much into your Para. If it shoots a decent group from a rest and is reliable, then put the $ into bullets and dry fire EVERY day. I've seen more than a few people dump a LOT of $$$ into Paras and regret it. A good smith should be able to make it work good enough for IPSC.

I put a Scheumann bull barrel in my P16. Total cost was about $225 including installation and it shoots great. Extremely accurate and reliable. With a tungsten guide rod the pointing capability is just about perfect for me. It's not as heavy as the long slide STI's so it transitions faster but it is heavy enough to shoot very flat with 180 JHP's. Get the Briley reverse plug with the under barrel lug built in if you want a super tight fit. It's as much fun to build them as it is to shoot them.

• 2 weeks later...