Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Funnest Revo Match to Date!

snubby

100 yards?? yeah right! maybe 15 yards......

You guys would really be whining if we had made you run the woods stage. :devil:

Ya, no kidding. That fun run at the end gassed me pretty good and I'm in fairly good shape...

You should have seen Pat Scott run through the woods, it was unbelievable. He paid no attention whatsoever to the trail, and ripped right through the bushes and underbrush, blazing fire from his revolver the whole way. He must have asked himself, "What Would Rambo Do?"

100 yards?? yeah right! maybe 15 yards......

You guys would really be whining if we had made you run the woods stage. :devil:

Maybe we could have started it from out at the road. Really sort out the runners.

We considered that, but thought it might be too tough on the ROs.

(Just kidding, I get the point, and agree that we shouldn't get too out of hand with non-shooting tasks that would favor some shooters over others.)

My personal preference would be to hold an ICORE match on Saturday, using ICORE equipment and ammo rules, scoring, and targets.......then switch the targets over to IPSC targets and run a USPSA match on Sunday on the same stages, using USPSA rules and scoring system. This would require having a chrono station, but that is certainly not any huge obstacle.

I think it would be an interesting challenge to shoot the same match on back-to-back days with the two different scoring systems--and shooting styles--in play. The top shooters would be those who could keep things reigned in and get the A hits during the ICORE match, then crank up the wick and push the speed during the USPSA match! This format would allow only one King of Revo, the shooter who can truly do it all with the wheelgun.

(There were a number of shooters who liked the idea of returning to our classic Single-Stack/Revolver Back-to-Back format, and some commented that perhaps we could alternate back and forth between those two match concepts. We will be considering these options as well.)

My personal preference would be to hold an ICORE match on Saturday, using ICORE equipment and ammo rules, scoring, and targets.......then switch the targets over to IPSC targets and run a USPSA match on Sunday on the same stages, using USPSA rules and scoring system. This would require having a chrono station, but that is certainly not any huge obstacle.

I think it would be an interesting challenge to shoot the same match on back-to-back days with the two different scoring systems--and shooting styles--in play.

Sounds even more better. Chrono adds time and requires space. Make sure the X17 steel match stays. That was great.

Edited by Tom E

I think it would be an interesting challenge to shoot the same match on back-to-back days with the two different scoring systems--and shooting styles--in play. The top shooters would be those who could keep things reigned in and get the A hits during the ICORE match, then crank up the wick and push the speed during the USPSA match! This format would allow only one King of Revo, the shooter who can truly do it all with the wheelgun.

(There were a number of shooters who liked the idea of returning to our classic Single-Stack/Revolver Back-to-Back format, and some commented that perhaps we could alternate back and forth between those two match concepts. We will be considering these options as well.)

Ah, come on Mike. You know accuracy and major power factor loads are not quite my style... :ph34r:

I like the Back-to-Back on Saturday and Sunday, then a 22 revo and auto steel match on Friday.

Edited by CJDOUBLETAP

Mike, I had a great time at the matches this year. thank you and your crew for all of your work. I think doing ICORE on Sat. and USPSA on Sun. with major/minor scoring would be great! (With the .22 steel match on Fri).

Ah, come on Mike. You know accuracy and major power factor loads are not quite my style... :ph34r:

I like the Back-to-Back on Saturday and Sunday, then a 22 revo and auto steel match on Friday.

+1111111111