Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Mag Extensions for L10

Graham Smith

Time to revisit this topic. The least expensive solution I can see are the Magpul Speedplates at about $5 each.

Anyone have a better solution?

Yes and cheap, Go to McMaster and Carr buy a 12' x 12" sheet of 1/2" thck Rubber cut it oversized for the base pad and glue it on with barge cement. It is a contact cement that shoemakers use. It is an excellent cement. Then use a belt sander to carefully grind off the excess rubber that is wider than the basepad. It won't come off while being used but you can always rip them off if need be. clean them off and reglue. If you don't extend the bases then you should remove the magwell. If not you eventually will be dropping mags after one shot.

How about the Dawson baseplates?

I had forgotten about them. They are 3x the cost of the Magpuls but do add some weight at a lower cost than the TF brass.

If I had to buy some now, I'd go with these, checking that they fit the box -- assuming that you want to be able to use the mags in Production.....

Weight may be an issue in PD, depending on how your gun is set up....

And you could probably get by with four -- assuming that at MR you have enough time to seat a flush fitting mag properly....