Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Springs and Load Combo

vetts1911

I have found some info in the forum about springs for the M&P.

Now here is the question...

What recoil spring poundage/manufacturer and load are you running in your M&P from 9mm, 40 S&W, 357SIG to 45acp?

I just need to get some good data as I want to set up my M&P 40 for some Major and Minor loads.

Then on the other side we would have a great data bank to tweak out our M&P's.

I am using a 125 zero with 4.1 OAL 1.130 with an ISMI 13 pound recoil spring in my M&P 9.

Thanks,

Chris

Noticed I left some thing out of my post and it is too old to edit I guess.

I am using a 125 zero JHP with 4.1 N320 and an OAL 1.130 with an ISMI 13 pound recoil spring on a stock guide rod in my M&P 9.

Edited by vetts1911

I am using an ISMI 13 lb. recoil spring on the original guide rod in my M&P9. I shoot factory ammo such as CCI Blazer and Blazer Brass, WWB, Remington, UMC, and Magtech, usually with 115 gr. bullets.

Edited by cyclone336

5" M&P PRO Series

ISMI 13# spring, on over-length, non-captured Stainless Rod

147gr Zero, over 3.2 of TiteGroup or Bullseye, at 1.125"... (Switching to Solo 1000 load around 130PF this week)

Reliable, good lock-up, soft shooting.

JW

I only shoot the 40S&W myself. This stuff works in my FS 40 models in the super humid Midwest area I live. Don't just load this and think it will work in your gun at sea level or something like that. Crono your loads and know what you are shooting.

I have on with ISMI 15lb spring SSS Tungsten Guide rod for Limited and Limited 10.

I have another with the 15lb ISMI spring and SSS Stainless rod for Production.

Major load: 5.3gr American Select Powder - Wolf or Win SPP - 175gr LSWC - OAL (not sure off the top of my head I will update when I get home and consult my load book) - 169PF

Minor load: 3.4gr American Select Powder - Wolf or Win SPP - 175gr LSWC - OAL (not sure off the top of my head I will update when I get home and consult my load book) - 128PF

***Will update with more info when I get my 170GR LSWC, 180gr LTC, and 200gr LTC bullets in and work up some loads. I ordered some VV N320 powder and WIN231 to try also.***

Edited by speedy169

That is some of the info I was looking for in the 40. I was thinking of bumping the recoil spring to a 13lb for production and a 15lb for major in limited if I start running in limited. I am thinking hard about that now with a +2 or better base pad it makes a good platform.

I am wondering how the 45 would be too since the primer and bullet bite has me digging in to my 45 ammo stock.