Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Angle the targets to face the shooters

Flexmoney

Angle the targets to face the shooters.

Take a look at your stage setups and figure out where the shooters are most likely to be shooting the targets from. Then, face the targets so that they area squared up to the shooter.

This takes some of the guess work out of scoring the targets...as you don't have to look at so many "elongated holes".

Match winners are decided by one bullet.

I realize that may take away some of the realism...sorta. If you want to simulate tight shots, there are other ways to get there.

Take a look at your stage setups and figure out where the shooters are most likely to be shooting the targets from. Then, face the targets so that they area squared up to the shooter.

This takes some of the guess work out of scoring the targets...as you don't have to look at so many "elongated holes".

I realize that may take away some of the realism...sorta. If you want to simulate tight shots, there are other ways to get there.

Harder to do if your stage is really freestyle....

It tells the lemmings where to shoot from, and leaves those shooters with "live brains" a chance to solve the problem in the most efficient manner.

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't- depending on the overall stage concept. As stated, angling targets can change the freestyle nature of a stage. Sometimes holes are oval, life is funny that way.

And, other times it's real easy. :)

...yet we don't think to do it because we are caught up with other things that are going on. And, the difference can decide which past National Champion wins the Area match.

Maybe this reminder is only useful for me. ;)