Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What not to do

g34

When I got out of school this year, I started to really increase the amount of time I spent dry firing. Between one and two and a half hours a day. I practice in my bedroom with miniature targets all over the walls. Well today I was about half an hour into my session, and I was listening to some music on my laptop while dry firing, when I went to perform a reload. I completely missed the magwell on my Glock and saw the magazine flipping through the air as if in slow motion. It went about 7 feet through the air before crashing into my computer cracking the screen. It is pretty much useless right now. It was getting pretty old anyway, so I was gonna replace it soon. I have never had a magazine fly out of my hand in the thousands of reloads I have performed in the last year.

Hopefully this will be my one flying magazine in my shooting. From now on I am removing all easily broken objects in my dry firing area.

Whew! I thought it was gonna go in the direction of, "I somehow got a live round into the gun and..." Sorry to hear about the computer, but glad that everyone's safe. :cheers:

Seiichi

Whew! I thought it was gonna go in the direction of, "I somehow got a live round into the gun and..." Sorry to hear about the computer, but glad that everyone's safe. :cheers:

Seiichi

yup that is where I thought this was going as well.

Maaags in Spaaace... Usually I do that at matches, not in the bedroom. Too bad about the computer though. Of course, if you are anything like me you will just use it as an excuse to buy something new.