Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightened AR Bolt Carrier Patents?

davidwiz

I have searched the US Patent Office's database of Issued and Applied for patents and have not found anything relating to a patent for a lightened AR15 / AR10 bolt carrier. I have, however, seen lightened bolt carriers from a certain manufacture that are marked "patent pending" and have been so marked for the last couple of years. Not being a patent attorney, I don't know how long it takes for a patent to be granted. I do know that for trademarks, it is running about 6 months for the examining attorney to look at the application. According to the USPTO:

Some persons mark articles sold with the terms "Patent Applied For" or "Patent Pending." These phrases have no legal effect, but only give information that an application for patent has been filed in the Patent and Trademark Office. The protection afforded by a patent does not start until the actual grant of the patent. False use of these phrases or their equivalent is prohibited.

My question is thus: are there any issued or applied for patents that anyone knows about relating to a lightened bolt carrier for an AR15 / AR10 variants. Thank you.