Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cominnoli Tungsten Guide Rod

Jasonub

Hi guys,

i would like to ask your comments on the cominolli tungsten frame saver rod. I ordered one and ill use it in my limited sv blaster.

our power factor here in the Philippines is 170 and I load to 180 pf.

Any comments will be appreciated.

I really like the Cominolli framesaver tungsten guiderods, I use them in my singlestack and SVI limited.

I have had to change to a Hiett .090" red buffer on the front on my singlestack as the super soft red buffers from Cominolli kept shredding on the sharp frame edges of my singlestack. Wilson buffers also fit.

I like the idea of no metal to metal contact at all and 2 different buffer hardnesses seems to soften the gun.

Read some other replies by BE and others and you will see some users mix and match buffers to tune there gun.

I am an ex setup machinist and there quality is first rate for a production part. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I have used one in my Para's for two years and loved it. I switced it over when I bought an SV this March. The guide rod just dropped into the Para's, but needed to be altered to fit the SV. When I had the gun back at SV the smith removed some of the lower portion of the guide rod head so that it could clear the bottom of the barell when unlocking. I know a few people who have broken them, but mine has over 5,000 rounds on it and the first 2,000 were full power .45's. In the SV I need to keep trimming the edges to make the buffer pads smaller. The pads stretch after a few thousand rounds. As they get fatter they start to drag on the inside of the slide rails during recoil. Good luck with yours.

I'm on my second Comonoli tungsten gr. On the first, the head became deformed (measured with calipers) and wouldn't take the Comonoli rear shok-buff. I exchanged it for a new one, and the Comonoli rear buff still won't fit--the head must also be somehow deformed or out of spec. I think that the problem is that the steel on the Comonoli head is thinner than a normal gr. BTW, when I use a regular shok-buff on the rear, even after being trimmed it still binds. Back to an EGW tungsten guide rod, which works fine.

600 rounds on my svi and still no problems, the rear buff has some marks on it. In the front im using 2 wilsons which are still in great shape. :D

I am now using an 11 pound spring and it works well, im not afraid that my frame will crack with the framesaver