Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Order of Finish At IRC

Outside of No 1 what do you think the order of finish will be at the IRC?

I think this will be Bubber's breakthrough year.

What he will break through is anybody's guess.

Watch out for Austin in limited.

Good luck to all that are going

I think that without the Standards the race for the top just tightened up.

I just want to beat my son's score

dcs

ICORE.org had a PDF with last year's IRC with standards removed. The jist was, the top shooters did not change much at all, neither did the really bad ones. lots of the middle crowd swapped spots, but the good shooters are good shooters- it's just another stage for them.

Edited by SACguns

I think that without the Standards the race for the top just tightened up.

I just want to beat my son's score

dcs

ICORE.org had a PDF with last year's IRC with standards removed. The jist was, the top shooters did not change much at all, neither did the really bad ones. lots of the middle crowd swapped spots, but the good shooters are good shooters- it's just another stage for them.

Well, that's a matter of interpretation. I was sent a copy of that, and I thought the standards made a meaningful difference. It probably depends on where you are in the mix.

The one thing that no one takes into consideration, is when you shoot the Standards, depending on how you perceive you did on them, shapes the remainder of your match. For example, if you tank them on Friday, you may shoot as loose as a goose to" TRY " to catch up. We all know that this never works, but most of us choose to forget that at a match.

The raw numbers don't give enough information to make a blanket statement in my opinion. :ph34r:

So for my prediction, I would put Bagakis and Walsh at the top (not necessarily in that order), Burkholder in the number three spot, with Aysen and Austin rounding out the top five.

Well, Cliff lost his yoke screw during a stage (must not have had it blue loctited in place) which under the frickin' ICORE scoring system is an absolute match-killer. And Burkholder apparently didn't shoot the match this year, or at least I couldn't find his name in the results.

Otherwise, I called Limited in the correct order: Bagakis, Aysen, Austin.

Man, I wish I could have made it this year.

Of course I did Mark. The prediction was made to put a little pressure on Rich W. He shoots better under pressure. I'll take that 85% bet Mike, and I'm looking forward to seeing Elliot again. Flask or not.

OK, I was wrong about the 85% prediction, but Jerry still smoked everybody by almost 30 seconds again. As always.

Of course I did Mark. The prediction was made to put a little pressure on Rich W. He shoots better under pressure. I'll take that 85% bet Mike, and I'm looking forward to seeing Elliot again. Flask or not.

OK, I was wrong about the 85% prediction, but Jerry still smoked everybody by almost 30 seconds again. As always.

John B shot 86% of Jerry's score. Bet you open guys hope John NEVER picks up an open gun. Dave