Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger technique

Matt Griffin

I don't think JM's splits slow down any with Major Loads. I have a video I took of the 2007 LPR Nats and on one string he had a split on a close target that was so fast it did sound like one shot. I ran the clip over and over and could never identify a split time, but I was there and I know there were 3 targets and he did not have a miss.

JM is human, but a very gifted one and he has had the drive to push it to its maximum potential. That is a rare combination, one you don't see very often. But the damage that one does after years of practice to get to that level may not be fun.

Times while dry firing can't be easily measured, what with perception of sound, focus level and recoil not allowing a true time or even a sense of it. Combine that with knowing you're firing a live round and things tend to slow down on the range.

I'm sure someone like Niles will come along some day and dethrone the king, but 'til then long live the King!

Edited by pskys2

No surprise that times slipped in live fire, My best effort today was a 1.81 from the belt shooting at a 15yd target, consistent times were around 2.05. That's still much faster than my typical 2.4, so I'm going to say that the lessons learned apply in the real world as well.

H.