Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8-shot speedloaders?

Rather-B-Huntin

Does anyone know of a company besides Maxfire that makes a reliable 8-shot speedloader? How about someone besides HKS that makes a 7-shot? I'd kinda like to have either a Nightguard 327 or 386 to shoot in snubbie matches, but don't want to have to have it cut for moonclips, and don't want to have to load one round at a time. The last HKS loaders I had just didn't hold the rounds tight enough to facilitate quick enough reloads. That was nearly 20 years ago though. Has HKS improved since then?

NO, HKS is still HKS.

For the 8-shot the way to go is Hearthco moonclips. They are the Mercedes-Benz of moonclips and for the 8's they really work.

Do a search - lots of good chat about Herthco.

Thanks Viggen! I'm familiar with Hearthco's. And they are dandy!! I just hate to have to have the gun cut for clips. I wish S&W would just do it at the factory! I figure I'll just simplify things and get a 325 Nightguard. I've already got a ton of .45 brass, moonclips, etc. I was mainly just hoping to find something that'd work in .38. I'm sure even loaded to ICORE minor that .45's will still pack a decent punch in a 27 ounce gun.

Rather B. Not that it will make a lot of differences as the Variant is almost impossibe to get. Variant did make an adjustable 8 shot reloader. It never caught on in the States for various reasons. There is a thread on the variant and some people tried to get an order from them. Just to let you know they're out there. Good luck rdd