Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Holster Spacers

DogmaDog

I just bought a CR Speed Holster (From Dawson Precision, where I paid $20 more than they are at Shooter's Connection...D'oh!),

It came with several little plastic "spacers" of different thicknesses and shapes, but no instructions as to how to use them or what they are for. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks,

DogmaDog

A33435,

Well, there's one spacer that's called the "Safariland Belt Spacer", but there are also a bunch of spacers with 2 holes in them, that look as though they may fit in to the round metal clamp thing that attaches the holster to the metal rod it hangs from.

OK, I figured it out. You remove those two screws from the round clamp thing , and it comes apart from the holster itself. You can insert spacers to move the holster farther from your body, or to add a cant (toward or away from your body) to the holster.

Thanks though.

DogmaDog

DogmaDog nailed it for the most part. Actually there are 3 types of spacers. One is a small "wedge" that goes in to wedge a narrow (Safariland width) belt. The CR belt bracket is cut for the wider CR belts.

The second type of spacer is for adjusting the width of the holster itself to handle various widths of trigger guards.

The third, which is what is hanging everyone up here is for moving moving the holster around in respect to the belt bracket. There should also be two sets of bolts. One is longer than the other. You will need the long bolts if you decide to put in lots of spacers. Some spacers are rectangular cubes with all sides parallel to the opposite side, at least one is more of a wedge shape. This one allows you to adjust the cant of the holster in a vertical direction...muzzle away from leg or grip away from waist depending on how you install it.

To make matters even more confusing...you can order even more spacers from Arredondo. I have yet to figure out what those are for though. Mostly because I haven't felt the need to order one and play with it.

Does that help?

I use my CR with a Safariland belt. This leaves a gap between the edges of the belt and the "hole" through the holder/clamp. The wedge goes in to close up this gap and keep the belt from wiggling around inside the holder/clamp.

That being said, I just checked my belt and I have apparently lost mine somewhere, sometime. I don't think it makes any difference. I put velcro inside the belt holder/clamp so it locks onto the outer belt anyway.

I am sure a replacement could be found/ordered/fashioned but I just don't think it is that big of a deal. I suspect that is was some bright soul in the marketing dept making sure they had an answer to the "but Safariland belts are narrower so they will be sloppy in a CR" comments.