Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We're running a GSSF match at Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood, OR on June 6-7. For those unfamiliar with GSSF it is the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation. There is information online about the organization at www.gssfonline.com. This is a very easy sport to compete in. Glock pistols are the only guns allowed (it is sponsored by Glock afterall). All the courses start from the low ready and are limited to no more than 10 rounds in the magazine and 11 per string. No reloads and no movement. There are three stages, a plate rack, a standards course and a mix of steel and paper, similar to a USPSA stage. I think these are great matches to introduce new people to competition at. If you've got a friend who has been thinking about taking a crack at USPSA, bring them out for a GSSF match and show them how fun it can be. For GSSF you do have to be a member, it's $35.00 for the first year and you can sign up at the range. The match fee is $25.00 for each Division you want to sign up for, and you can sign up for several if you want. Glock gives away a lot of guns and prizes away at these matches, both by order of finish and random draws. PM me if you have any questions.

Great fun and lots of money and guns to give away. After Chuck and John Bagakis take theirs of course! I bring my SO, she gets high lady and pays our ammo cost. Maybe soon I'll contibute :P Trying to make it up to OR in June. Really cant go wrong with a GSSF match.

I'm signed up. This will be my first GSSF match. I'm coming from WA and spending the weekend in Portland with the wife.

Any tip for the match? or what to do on sunday in Portland (I plan on shooting just Saturday)?

I plan on shooting my 17 in Guardian, 30 in major sub, and 34 in competition.

GSSF is very much an accuracy game. Gun quick to the target and quick in between targets and very good sight picture and very good trigger control on each target. It's very easy to drop a 3 second penalty or two on the close range targets if you get going to fast. Taking an extra bit of time will pay off in lower penalties. The fastest shooters may end up with a couple penalties, but they're pretty minimal.

On Major Sub be very cautious on the plate rack. You only will have 7 rounds for 6 plates. After that first miss you're adding 10 seconds per plate left standing. It's easy to add a lot of penalties on the plates if you're not careful.

• 2 weeks later...
GSSF is very much an accuracy game. Gun quick to the target and quick in between targets and very good sight picture and very good trigger control on each target. It's very easy to drop a 3 second penalty or two on the close range targets if you get going to fast. Taking an extra bit of time will pay off in lower penalties. The fastest shooters may end up with a couple penalties, but they're pretty minimal.

On Major Sub be very cautious on the plate rack. You only will have 7 rounds for 6 plates. After that first miss you're adding 10 seconds per plate left standing. It's easy to add a lot of penalties on the plates if you're not careful.

Thanks for the advice Chuck! I'm sure I'll need it :cheers:

Anyone else going?

Couple updates. We will have a food vendor on the range. I'm considering using this same company for a couple other matches this summer so let me know how he is. We'll have hot dogs, sausages and burgers at least.

If anyone is looking for some extra-curricular activities outside the match this is Rose Festival weekend in Portland. Lots going on downtown and all the Navy ships should be in port.

On Sunday we're holding Speed Steel match at the same time as the GSSF. Shoot two matches on one trip at the same range, not a bad deal.